The 2019 edition of the annual Arte Fiera is characterised by embracing the exhibition’s Italian identity, and using it as an inspiration for many of the shows; its modern and post-war heritage, as well as contemporary trends will be featured loudly and clearly throughout the exhibition.
This year, the showing galleries have imposed a new, highly selective criteria, which in turn resulted in including a wide range of participants, from Modern talents to up and comers— with a fresh edge of contemporary style, and beautifully detailed perspectives.
Programs of this year include some in the Main Section, Photography and Moving Images section, as well as five substantial projects:
1. Solo figura e sfondo exhibition, curated by Davide Ferri: this exhibition will include (for the first time) works from different, exclusive and public collections in Bologna and the Emilia Romagna Region.
2. Oplà. Performing activities, curated by Silvia Fanti: a program of actions that includes the participation of international and Italian artists.
3. micro//macro by the Opificio Golinelli.: a workshop for the youth, connecting art and science.
4. talks entrusted to the magazine Flash Art: conversations will focus on progressive art in Italy, its references with the past, and its lookout for the future.
5. Hic e Nunc, a lounge created by artist Flavio Favelli: situated at the welcome area, the lounge is to be structured as a museum hall, hosting two main artworks.
Including 129 galleries, the themes will range from Modern Italian art, to post-war works, historic strengths of Arte Fiera, as well as contemporary styles.
Photography and Moving Images:
This section has been completely renewed in terms of content, and will host 18 galleries—art directed by the Milan x New York born FANTOM.
Both section will have 5 shared galleries.
ART CITY BOLOGNA:
A programme of exhibitions, events and special initiatives promoted by the Bologna City Council will be extended this year, making the 2019 Arte Fiera a full week of special events, and a series of curatorial projects, with exhibitions, installations and performances loaded with contemporary artistic expression.
Big sections of the ART CITY BOLOGNA include the ART CITY Segnala, ART CITY Cinema, and the ART CITY White Night.
Arte Fiera will be held from the 1st till the 4th of February, 2019.